Dental Tips: Help Your Teeth Last a Lifetime
County Dental’s commitment to providing whole health care starts with treatment and at-home dental tips so your teeth will last a lifetime.
Routine dental exams are a big part of maintaining a healthy smile. County Dental in the Hudson Valley of New York encourages you to keep your routine dental cleanings every six months with at one of our County Dental office locations to prevent excess plaque and tartar build up.
The six month checkups are a time where your hygienist and dentist at County Dental will notice if your mouth needs other areas of dental care.
What does brushing too hard do and how can I prevent it?
1. Choose a soft toothbrush to assist with soft and proper brushing technique.
2. Consult with your County Dental dentist for tooth brushing tips.
3. Prevent gum loss: Don’t scrub your teeth hard.
4. Try not to rush brushing your teeth and focus on at least two minutes of brushing every time.
5. Replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
6. Instead of going back and forth while brushing your teeth focus on circular motions by starting from the gums and moving toward the direction of the teeth.
7. Apply just enough pressure to feel the bristles against the gums. If the bristles are squashing, you’re brushing too hard.
Dental Sealants Prevent Cavities and Decay
A dental sealant is a plastic coating that is placed on the teeth to form a protective barrier that prevents cavities and decay. Sealants are especially beneficial when placed on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth, which are the most difficult to clean. Dental sealants are most commonly recommended for children; however, some adults may benefit from this preventative measure as well.
Dental Tips: ADA Suggested Steps to Reduce Your Risk of Tooth Decay
- Using a fluoride toothpaste, brush your teeth at least twice daily.
- Floss your teeth each day.
- Stick to a healthy, balanced diet and avoid snacking between meals.
- Have regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- Get dental sealants, if your dentist recommends them.
State-of-the-Art Facilities with Latest Dental Technology
We invest greatly in our state-of-the-art facilities, professionally designed with the latest advances in dental technology, and delivery methods that make us the leader in cost efficient, timesaving quality dental care. County Dental regularly recruits qualified and experienced dental professionals to be part of our team, so you can always be assured of quality dental care, no matter which County Dental office you choose.
At County Dental, we make it convenient for individuals and families throughout the Hudson Valley and neighboring areas to receive the dental care they need and deserve. Our team of dental professionals remains true to our mission, to provide high-quality dental care at affordable prices.
Our standard is to provide high-quality and reasonably priced dental care, offering a full range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry in Rockland County, Westchester County, Dutchess County, and Orange County, New York. County Dental has welcomed over 105,000 patients in the Hudson Valley!