Maintain Your Oral Health: 5 Good Reasons Not to Share Your Toothbrush
Have you ever left your toothbrush at home while traveling on a family vacation? If yes, has your first reaction been, “I can borrow a family members.” At County Dental, we highly recommend that you do not use someone else’s toothbrushes. Here are five good reasons why.
- Bacteria: Toothbrushes carry germs even if you rinse the toothbrush off before using. If the person has gum disease it can spread from the toothbrush. The bacteria in their mouth goes to that toothbrush and then could spread to you after you brush with that toothbrush.
- Food: A toothbrush may hold food particles and residue that can be transferred and impact positive oral health if you share another person’s toothbrush.
- Stay healthy: Viruses can spread from a toothbrush.
- Periodontal disease: Oral infections, periodontitis, can be spread via a toothbrush. Periodontal disease can impact your whole body.
- Fungi: Did you know fungi can live on toothbrushes?
Save on Dental Care Today
County Dental is a featured Provider of Dental Direct. Dental Direct is a discounted dental savings plan program offering 30-60% savings on over 150 discounted dental services and 1 FREE teeth cleaning per member, per year. Enroll today.
New CareCredit Applicants Receive a Free Sonicare Brush when you charge $200 before June 30
Get 0% financing with Care Credit! Care Credit helps you pay for out of pocket dental expenses for you and your family. Until June 30, 2018, all approved, new CareCredit applicants can receive a free Sonicare brush when they make a charge of at least $200 before June 30, 2018. Start saving today.
Contact a Patient Care Coordinator to find out more or visit us online 24/7 at http://countydental.com