Tips: De-Stress to Prevent Gum Disease
What’s the Connection between Stress and Oral Health?
Evidence shows stress may also cause a weakness of your immune system.
The following dental conditions have been linked to stress, depression, or anxiety:
- Burning mouth syndrome, a condition that is described as a scalding feeling in the tongue, lips and roof of the mouth.
- Canker sores are small and painful ulcers inside the mouth.
- Bruxism is when people grind their teeth and tend to do it more when under stress. Grinding of your teeth can wear and chip teeth, while also putting extra pressure on jaw muscles and joints.
Different Ways to De-Stress
- Look at the positive in life. Focus on unexpected challenges as positive challenges rather than threats.
- Keep your body healthy. Eat a nutritious, well-balanced diet and get enough sleep.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Staying active and eating properly helps release anxiety and produces mood-boosting brain chemicals.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation, stretching, and deep breathing.
Contact a Patient Care Coordinator Today.APPOINTMENT
CONNECT WITH US