County Dental is aware that life can be extra stressful at times. Taking care of kids, paying bills, work stress and other day-to-day challenges can sometimes be a stress inducer. Stress has been known to cause several oral health concerns. Don’t let stress ruin your health.
Burning mouth syndrome, a condition that is described as a scalding feeling in the tongue, lips, and roof of the mouth.
Canker sores are small and painful ulcers inside the mouth.
Bruxism is when people grind their teeth and tend to do it more when under stress. Grinding of your teeth can wear and chip teeth, while also putting extra pressure on jaw muscles and joints.
Stay positive: Focus on at least one positive aspect in your life on a daily basis
Exercise: Spend some time outside on a walk or go for a bike ride on a daily basis. Take your children or grandchildren to a playground.
Unplug from electronics: Disconnect from your phone, computer, and television. Instead, read a good book outside on your porch.
Start a family tradition: Bring out your board games and play them with friends and family.
Laughter is good for your heart: Endorphins are your body’s natural feel-good chemicals. They promote a sense of well-being and can temporarily relieve pain. It also protects your heart by lowering blood pressure and reducing your risk of heart attack and stroke.
County Dental is a featured Provider of Dental Direct. Dental Direct is a discounted dental savings plan program offering 30-60% savings on over 150 discounted dental services and 1 FREE teeth cleaning per member, per year. Enroll today.
You also might be interested in
Do you have a bad habit or two? We all[...]
Dental x-rays are part of a comprehensive dental exam we[...]
At Dutchess County Dental, one of the reasons we smile is[...]
DON'T MISS OUT ON OUR LATEST POSTS
- Dental Topics – County Dental Group – Fishkill Dental Office Topics Blog
- Dental Topics – County Dental Group – Middletown Office Topics Blog
- Dental Topics – County Dental Group – New City Dental Office Blog
- Dental Topics – County Dental Group – Poughkeepsie Dental Office Blog
- Dental Topics – County Dental Group – Suffern Dental Office Blog
- Dental Topics – County Dental Group – Yorktown Heights Dental Office
- Holidays – County Dental Topics
- Oral Hygiene – New York Offices – County Dental Group