Walking down the toothpaste aisle in a grocery story or pharmacy can be intimidating. You see hundreds of options for toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss and mouthwash. We are here to help you make the best decisions for your oral healthcare.
Here are some tips from County Dental in New York shares on choosing the proper toothpaste to fit you and your family’s oral health needs.
- Consult with your County Dental dentist and hygienist for the best toothpaste options. Call us at (845) 867-2442 or stop in for a visit with one of our patient care coordinators. We can provide you with some valuable suggestions.
- Research toothpastes on trustworthy websites before making a visit to the store. You can visit sites like: https://www.ada.org/en/member-center/oral-health-topics/toothpastes, https://www.ada.org/en/science-research/ada-seal-of-acceptance/ada-seal-shopping-list and https://www.fda.gov/ to help you get good insight and tips on the best oral healthcare products to use.
- Read instructions on the back of toothpaste tubes to make sure they are using the proper amount of toothpaste.
- Do you have sensitive teeth? Consult with your County Dental hygienist and dentist for the proper sensitive toothpaste to meet your needs.
- Make sure the toothpaste is approved by the American Dental Association (ADA).
Now is a good time to check on the amount of toothpaste, floss and age of toothbrushes in your home. Here are some guidelines below to help. Remember to also follow up with your County Dental location for your next routine dental cleaning appointment.
1. Replace your toothbrush
Dentists recommend changing your toothbrush every three months.
2. Check the expiration date on mouthwash
The effectiveness of mouthwash is not as powerful after the expiration date.
3. Stock up on floss
We never want to run out of floss. Keep a stock in each bathroom and some at the office.
4. Schedule your six month dental checkup and routine dental cleaning
Our County Dental teams of dental professionals approaches every patient relationship by carefully listening to any dental concerns they might have.
County Dental is here to help you schedule appointments and answer any questions before meeting with your dentist and hygienist for any dental needs.
We Care About Our Patients and the Community
Our County Dental team of dental professionals approaches every patient relationship by carefully listening to any dental concerns our patients might have. We can also create a unique oral maintenance plan for you and your family for the longer term.
Featured Provider of Dental Direct – Save 30-60% on over 150 Discounted Services
County Dental is a featured Provider of Dental Direct. Save 30-60% on over 150 discounted services. Sign up for an annual membership today and get 50% off your plan membership fee. As an added bonus, all members receive a free teeth cleaning once per year. Enroll today.