Halloween Tips to Care for Your Teeth
Are you and your family as excited for Halloween as your County Dental family? With 7 days to go until Halloween, County Dental would like to share some tips to help you care for you teeth. We hope that these will make the fun of Halloween last even longer, just like your smile!
Candy inspection is important before you and your children dive into the trick-or-treat bag! Here are a few things you don’t want to forget.
What’s in the Bag?
- Inspect candy and its wrappers prior to eating any trick or treat candy from Halloween.
- Sticky candies like taffy and gummy bears take longer to get washed away by saliva.
- Avoid beverages with added sugar and drinking fluoridated water can help in tooth decay prevention.
- Eat candy with meals. Dentists recommend this because saliva production increases during meals and helps cancel out acids bacteria creates in your mouth.
- Don’t forget to brush your teeth and floss that night before bed.
Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips
At County Dental, we are always concerned about our patients’ whole health and safety, so here are just a few more basic tips to remember to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street.
- Always walk on sidewalks. If a sidewalk is unavailable, face traffic while walking.
- Trick or treat with an adult.
- Make sure costumes have reflective tape or stickers and choose light color costumes.
- Carry glow sticks or flashlights.
Happy Halloween. Share with us on Facebook and Instagram your Halloween pictures. We can’t wait to see them!
Don’t Wait: Maximize Your Dental Insurance Benefits Today
County Dental reminds New York residents that now is the time to get the dental care you need and maximize your dental benefits max out in 2018.
We know insurance may be confusing and every plan has different terms and coverage plans. That’s why our staff is equipped to help you with insurance questions, schedule appointments and answer any other dental-related questions before meeting with our dentists and our hygienists.
County Dental is Your One-Stop Shop for Your Dental Care Needs
County Dental’s services range from General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, and Restorative Dentistry, to dental specialty services. Our in-house team of Dental Specialists allows you to make us your one-stop shop for all of you oral health care needs.
Get 1 Free teeth cleaning and save up to 60% on over 150 dental services when you enroll in Dental Direct.Enroll Today