How To Maintain a Healthy Smile During the Holidays
Happy November! We know that staying healthy and taking care of your teeth during the constant on-the-go parts of life can be hard. Not to mention that adding the hustle and bustle of the holiday’s can make healthy oral habits even more of a challenge.
County Dental cares about your overall health. Here are some quick tips to remember throughout the year, as well as during the holiday season to keep your teeth healthy and protect your teeth from damage:
- Limit between-meals snacks. If you crave a snack, choose nutritious foods and consider chewing sugarless gum afterward. Sugarless gum increases saliva flow and helps wash out food and decay-producing acid.
- Avoid chewing on hard candy or ice cubes.These habits can potentially break or harm your teeth.
- Drink more water. Consuming optimally fluoridated water can help prevent tooth decay. If you choose bottled water, check the label for the fluoride content.
- Brush your teeth twice daily and floss daily with ADA-accepted dental products.
- Don’t crack nuts with your teeth.
- Do not use teeth Use proper tools to open packages and bottles.
- Carry an oral hygiene travel kit with you and use it often.
- See your dentist regularly.
Click the links below for more healthy eating tips
6 Tips for Cavity-Free Holidays (Mouth Healthy)
5 Healthy Eating Tips for the Holidays (CDC)
12 tips for holiday eating (Harvard Health Blog)
Don’t Wait: Maximize Your Dental Insurance Benefits Today
County Dental reminds New York residents that now is the time to get the dental care you need and maximize your dental benefits before they max out in 2018.
We know insurance may be confusing and every plan has different terms and coverage plans. That’s why our staff is equipped to help you with insurance questions, scheduling appointments and answering any other dental-related questions before meeting with our dentists and our hygienists.
County Dental is Your One-Stop Shop for Your Dental Care Needs
County Dental’s services range from General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, and Restorative Dentistry, to dental specialty services. Our in-house team of Dental Specialists allows you to make us your one-stop shop for all of you oral health care needs.